How often do you check out a restaurant’s online reviews before booking your table? The same is true when comparing what show to watch, what attraction to visit and indeed, what self-catering accommodation to stay in.
According to TripAdvisor, 80% of travellers consult 6-12 reviews before finalising their reservation. Engaging with these reviews, whether they’re positive or negative, showcases your commitment to valuing guest feedback, subsequently boosting your bookings.
Reviews can often feel like the double-edged sword; good reviews make our hearts soar, while negative ones can feel like a slight against all our hard work. But here’s the thing: all reviews, good or bad, are golden opportunities. It’s all about how you handle them, and with tools like SuperControl’s UpFront Reviews, this process is streamlined and strategic.
Let’s explore two feedback scenarios and how you might respond:
The Positive Review
“The cottage’s serene location, nestled amongst the woods, provided the perfect escape from the city’s hustle and bustle; waking up to the sounds of nature was truly refreshing!” – Sarah from Manchester.
Three tip tips for responding to a positive review:
- Express Gratitude: Always begin with a thank you. Acknowledge the time and effort the guest took to write a review.
- Be Specific: Reference particular aspects of their review to show that you’ve read and understood their feedback.
- Invite a Return Visit: Use the opportunity to encourage them to return or to try other services you offer.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed the tranquillity of our woodland setting and found it to be the perfect escape. It’s always a joy for us to know our guests can connect with nature during their stay. On your next visit, consider joining one of our guided nature walks to discover more hidden gems in the area. We look forward to hosting you again!
The Negative Review
“While the cottage was charming, the lack of Wi-Fi and patchy cell reception made it difficult for us to plan our daily outings and stay connected.” – Mike from Bristol.
Three tip tips for responding to a negative review:
- Acknowledge and Apologise: Start by recognising the guest’s concerns without being defensive.
- Provide an Explanation: If there was a specific reason for the oversight or issue, briefly explain without making it sound like an excuse.
- Offer a Solution: Indicate the steps you’re taking to prevent similar issues in the future, or if appropriate, provide some form of compensation.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you faced regarding connectivity during your stay. We understand the importance of being able to plan and stay connected while on holiday. The remote location does sometimes pose challenges with signal reception. However, we are currently exploring options to enhance our internet connectivity for our guests. On your next visit, we would be happy to provide you with maps and recommendations in advance to help with your planning.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
UpFront Reviews: Your Secret Weapon
Feedback is the bridge between your offerings and guest expectations and UpFront Reviews brings you closer to the authentic voices of your guests. Exclusively available for SuperControl users, here’s what’s on offer:
- Genuine Insights: Every review on UpFront Reviews is directly from your guests. This ensures each piece of feedback is genuine, offering you a clear window into their experiences.
- Streamlined Process: With UpFront Reviews, gathering feedback is a straightforward process. No fuss, just consistent and authentic feedback.
- Open Dialogue: Engage with those who’ve stayed with you. Replying to reviews not only resolves concerns but also demonstrates your dedication to their experience.
Managing your online presence is a dynamic process. With tools like UpFront Reviews combined with SuperControl’s automated communication tools, it becomes a dialogue – a continuous conversation with your guests, past, present, and future.
Interested in diving deeper? Consider joining the SuperScholar UpFront Reviews session. It’s an opportunity to learn, understand, and harness the potential of every piece of feedback, ensuring every guest feels heard and valued.Register Now
In our technology savvy and interconnected world, feedback is the compass that guides us towards excellence. Embrace it and leverage it to continue providing exceptional experiences for your guests.